Name:
Location: CBS, Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada

Not yet, they might be listening...

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Excuse Me, I'd Like a Response Mr. Efford

Yes, aggravated enough to create my own Blog. I thought I could get enough blogging on www.fairdealfornewfoundland.com which I totally support every direction Kevin has gone to date but it goes to sleep between issues and thrusts. I need more anger directed in letters to elected officials who aren't acting on behalf of their contituencies. Wake up out there and fight the good fight!

Over the next few months (or until my wife catches me with my own Blog) I will bring the issues covered in 3 or 4 very lengthy e-mails from me to Liberal Minister John Efford's offices in Ottawa and Bay Roberts, NL. I will also post the responses and the mailings that I received. To say the least, I am disappointed. Early indications to me were that Ms. B. James, parliamentary assistant to Mr. Efford and the female voice in Bay Roberts, would be pleased to satisfy my requests.

I did receive answers but they were the type of responses I would have expected from an insurance company or the Department of Veteran Affairs after making a claim. Brushed off without so much as a, "How do you do?"

I want ranters and critical thinkers to help me push the political buttons for Newfoundland & Labrador, other provinces (I am originally from Ontario), and most of all I want to push the buttons of ALL politicians to make our federal Canadian Government act responsibly with honour and accountability! I want teams of watchdog activists, aggressively demanding action and answers when ignored the first few times. I want the ignorant unaccountable politicians recalled and ousted in by-elections forced by the people! I want MP's to work for our country and not for themselves or their gluttonous parties and industrial friends of parties. It is my hope and goal to bust these parties by getting everyone to vote INDEPENDENT.

These partisan political thrusts and tirades have no place in governing our country. If it only takes 51% to form a separate country, then it should only take 51% to vote in the new Atlantic Accord! This unanimous drivel allowing one person or one party to bloc legislation is inappropriate. Pass C-43 and enact the ACCORD before summer break. You should not even get a summer break if this action is not settled. Why do you get a break at all? After this past 6 months of bickering we want the Accord passed now!

Bring it on, I'm up and kicking

Fred from CBS

6 Comments:

Blogger Fred Harris said...

Oh she approves of my opinions and even agrees with most of them. She just doesn't like how much time I spent sharing them...

3:09 AM  
Blogger Fred Harris said...

No just this posting palace...
But let's rally a crowd and keep putting pressure on our politicians to act on the issues we want them to. I'm staying with FairDeal too, I just wanna push harder on more items!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Fred Harris said...

Yay, done deal.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Fred Harris said...

Now if I could only get Efford's team outta their collective shell.

11:30 PM  
Blogger NL-ExPatriate said...

Good idea about ousting a politician.

Efford would be my first choice as well.

We could even revolk his NL citizenship.

As for your views on voting independant. I tend to agree with you speaking from a NL point of view. The question is not what party but Who?

I say petition Mr Willians to take over the NLF Newfoundland and Labrador First party!

http://www.nlfirst.ca/

This is the only way you will unite enough people to make a difference on the political landscape. As it stands or falls if it doesn't change.

In reallity a boycott to voting all together would be a more realistic option at the injust inherent in the Candaian political system.

If neither of these work I can pretty much guarantee a referendum on separation will work!

Better to be master of your own destiny, even if is the status quo or worse, than what we have now. Ask any buisnessperson about the long hours and hardship offset by pride in ownership.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Fred Harris said...

Thanks for the introduction to http://www.nlfirst.ca/

I disagree with your views on seperation and I think that NL First does as well.

I'm glad you agree with my desire to be empowered to recall MP's when they fail in their mandate to represent their constituents rather than themselves.

And these paychecks and pensions of these "servants of the people" are getting more and more ridiculous.

Time to get the Privy Council, the GG and the Auditor General to reel in these glutinous abusers of our tax dollars.

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home